Becas "Franz Werfel" para jóvenes profesores universitarios de idioma alemán en Austria
Doctorate, Post-doctorate, Research, Teacher training, Academic and/or administrative staff
Teacher training and education, Humanities, Social sciences and communication
-PhD holders, post docs.
Applications are only open to university teachers who are primarily occupied with Austrian literature and who haven't studied or researched at least 6 months prior to the beginning of their Werfel grant. Those in receipt of a Werfel grant can work as visiting researchers at university departments and carry out specialist studies in libraries, archives or at research institutions.
(See exact dates in Terms and Conditions)
The call is usually made between the months of febrero and septiembre of the year when the grant starts.
It is absolutely essential that prior contact with an educational or research institution in Austria has already been made before applying.
- Submission deadlines and grant start and end dates:
* 1 March (start date: July-December)
* 15 September (start date: January-July)
De 4 a 9 meses
To be decided by the institutions.
If the research activity is successful, the grant can, on request, be renewed (total duration 18 months).
Supplementary grant, own funds are required.
1) Monthly grant rate: up to EUR 1150.
2) Post-docs may receive a mobility subsidy of EUR 600 (for research stays of 3 months or longer).
3) Accommodation, health insurance.
a) It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book accommodation (dormitory or apartment) with the OeAD Housing office. The monthly costs are:
- monthly rent: roughly EUR 250 to 600 (depending on the amenities)
- monthly administrative fee: EUR 18
b) OeAD scholarship holders need to have health insurance that is accepted by the Austrian authorities for the duration of their stay in Austria. The OeAD can help with taking out such insurance. The monthly costs can vary, at the moment you should calculate EUR 55 to 200 (depending on your age, scholarship category and state of health).
Scholarship holders have to pay the costs for accommodation and insurance themselves.
3) Applicants from EU/EEA countries: within the European Union, costs for medical care are covered by the national insurance carrier in your home country. Please have your European health insurance card with you at all times.
4) Scholarship holders from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel costs subsidy of max. EUR 1000.
5) Applicants from non-EU/EEA countries who are planning a research stay of more than 6 months: If your monthly costs for accommodation in Austria exceed EUR 300, you may need to provide proof of additional funds to the Austrian residence authority when you apply for your residence permit. This figure may vary depending on your individual costs for health insurance and other liabilities.
If you have any questions left after reading the information about this grant, please complete this form to contact the sponsors.